quarta-feira, dezembro 05, 2007

Inside Mandy’s “Secret Garden”: Exclusive Interview with Mandy Aftel of Aftelier Perfumes


There are many things you know about Mandy Aftel, the 3x Fragrance Foundation 2011 Awards Finalist and “the Mother” of Natural Perfumery. She speaks in front of thousands, revered by even more; but she is a private person who doesn’t like the spotlight shining on her; Mandy wants our readers to know she is actually quite shy. Instead of speaking about her philanthropy, her personal life and topical fragrance issues, she much rather that Cafleurebon give you a piece of her scented soul by inviting you to enter the place she calls home—which is also her Atelier- and where she lives a relatively quiet life with her husband, her much beloved plants, flowers … its her sanctuary, her refuge and the source of constant inspiration.

I stopped searching Michelyn Camen and Mandy Aftel after 16 pages on Google .We have had a long and mutually enriching relationship; as I was the first mainstream journalist to interview you in 2007, dubbing you the Queen of Green. I know that my knowledge of natural perfumery began with you and changed my perception of fine fragrance .
Does the recognition and growth of natural perfumery in 2011 surprise you?

MA: No it doesn't surprise me, but it does make me very happy. I am so glad to see so many people embracing natural perfumery; I see people launching their lines and teaching others how to make perfume. Also, many people are just learning on their own, people who love the essential oils and find their way by teaching themselves. Now many blogs cover natural perfumes and bring attention to new and young perfumers – it was a dream of mine from the very beginning that there would be room for all-natural perfume in the marketplace, and I see that as actually taking place now. (clique aqui para ler a entrevista completa)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário